Access to recorded content is very important to consumers. Conklin-Intracom offers to 2 options to support digital recordings.
- With cdn|foundation, a subscriber can record content to their set top equipped with a hard-drive. Set top DVRs are limited to a certain number of simultaneous recordings, dependending on the model and hard drive size.
- Alternatively, offer Network DVR to subscribers with the implementation of cdn|UMS. Network DVR is independent of the type of set top. *We will explore Conklin-Intracom’s Network DVR solution in the next newsletter
There are 3 ways for a subscriber to setup a DVR recording:
- Remote Control
- On Screen
- Web Interface
cdn|foundation subscribers can combine this with Whole Home DVR (WHDVR). This feature allows all recorded content to be accessed from any set top box within a subscriber’s home, regardless if the set top has a hard drive.
Subscribers with DVR set tops can record a single show or a series. They can also customize management of DVR content by:
- Adjusting the recording window. Manually extend the timing of the recording to anticipate a sporting event or live shows running long.
- Prioritizing recordings. If you have a limited number of simultaneous recordings, set which shows are most important.
- Setting a deletion PIN. Control who can delete shows with a DVR deletion PIN.